Forums

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Please note that we - the Docear team - will not answer support questions. If you need help, please read the manual, read the FAQ, or discuss here in the forum with other Docear users.

When reporting bugs, or asking questions, please be as specific as possible. Name your operating system (e.g. Windows 7, 64 Bit), your JAVA version (e.g. Java 6, 32 Bit), whether you are using the latest Docear version, and provide step-by-step instructions that allow to reproduce the bug or problem you are reporting. Feel free to upload screenshots.

Due to spammers and the new European GDPR initiative, we decided to deactivate user registrations. This means, only users with an existing account will be able to post in the forum. We are sorry for this but see no other way.
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Docear imports too many annotations
Piotr
Post Docear imports too many annotations
on: September 23, 2013, 12:49

I'm running Docear 1.0.0.15 rc build213 on
Kubuntu 13.04, 64-bit, kernel 3.8.0-30-generic,
java version "1.7.0_40",
PDF-Xchange Viewer version 2.5,
Wine-1.4.1

I came back to testing Docear after some time. Impressive progress 🙂

I don't know is this a feature request or a bug report...

I have nodes with PDF files linked. When clicking "Import all annotation" or "Import new annotation" Docear imports all sort of stuff which is there in the PDF file: my bookmarks, my notes and things which the publisher have put there: table of content, list of figures, bookmarked paragraphs etc. Sometimes it's a big pile of annotations.
All what's not mine is for me mostly clutter which I delete anyway. Problem is I have to delete loads of stuff each time I update a note.

Is there a chance to import only MY annotation? I think PDF-Xchange remembers who is the author of the each annotation.

Cheers,
Piotr

Thank you for your feedback. Please note that we - the Docear team - currently do not have the time to answer support questions. However, we encourage all Docear users to help each other.

Stefan-
[Docear]
Administrator
Post Re: Docear imports too many annotations
on: September 23, 2013, 15:55

Hello Piotr,

unfortunately there is no way to automatically decide which annotations are created directly by you, by a colleague or by the publisher.

However, there is help:
The Monitoring feature (on your Literature & Annotations map click the refresh icon) only imports PDF annotations you have not used in your Library mind maps yet. The Incoming node beneath it serves as repository for all the annotations you have not already organized in your map. So, if you cut the annotations and put somewhere in one of your Library maps (e.g. the Trash map), these annotations will not be imported again by the monitoring feature.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
Stefan

Stefan Langer
Product Management & Research
Docear - The Academic Literature Suite
http://docear.org

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Docear/137985949605902
Google+: https://plus.google.com/106965732112113749959/posts
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Docear_org

Piotr
on: September 24, 2013, 12:15

Thanks for the answer, Stefan. Can't say it looks like a straight forward solution :-/ I'll give it a try. Keep up with the good work!

Cheers,
Piotr

Stefan-
[Docear]
Administrator
on: September 25, 2013, 14:46

Hello Piotr,

we know that it'S not obvious. But we think that the monitoring concept in general, which only imports unused annotations from your PDF files is very helpful in order to track what you have read recently and need to organize.

What do you think about it?

Best regards,
Stefan

Stefan Langer

Sadid
on: January 4, 2014, 23:37

I had same problem and I find some threads which exactly the same. currently I've manage the issue using your tricks and adding new mindmaps and separating Books,PPTs from papers which are the main resources.

1. As you said, having publisher bookmarks comes handy and it's a good feature. But in my point of view some times it's very annoying esp when the number of annotations is huge. I've near 20 Books on a topic and they all have a lot of Bookmarks,Sections,Figures,Glossaries,Indexes,... working with such a huge annotations are useless. Tens of thousand of annotations was loaded in my mindmap, make zooming out really slow. So it's a good idea to have an option for simply ignore initial annotations for a node and just monitor the new ones (just like your tricks) but more handy.

2. figuring out the author for annotations are really hard. but what about time of creation? Is it possible to filter annotations based on Time? I mean specify a Time (e.g. importing time, publication time,...) and Docear will just show annotations from that specific time and not before.

3. It's also possible to globally set Docear not to import Bookmarks in "Settings>PDF Management" but I don't like this solution, It would be better if the user could choose to set this option on a node or not.

Stefan-
[Docear]
Administrator
on: January 7, 2014, 12:21

Hello Sadid,

2. figuring out the author for annotations are really hard. but what about time of creation? Is it possible to filter annotations based on Time? I mean specify a Time (e.g. importing time, publication time,...) and Docear will just show annotations from that specific time and not before.

It is not possible right now and I think it is no solution. If you start to use Docear now and buy a new book next year the annotations of the book (if defined correctly in the first place) are very new and Docear will import them.

3. It's also possible to globally set Docear not to import Bookmarks in "Settings>PDF Management" but I don't like this solution, It would be better if the user could choose to set this option on a node or not.

Can you explain this in detail?

Anyway, creating any filters on a base like "ignore these 20 currently selected bookmarks" means that you need to import the bookmarks first, click them, and select to ignore them. It's basically the same to move these bookmarks to the Trash map in order to get rid of them. Plus you have an easy way to un-ignore them by just removing the nodes from this map.

I personally only use comments (or comments created from highlighted text) to annotate my documents. If you don't need bookmarks you should definitely think about deactivating bookmark import.

Best regards,
Stefan

Stefan Langer

Sadid
on: January 10, 2014, 08:55

Thanks Stefan

It is not possible right now and I think it is no solution. If you start to use Docear now and buy a new book next year the annotations of the book (if defined correctly in the first place) are very new and Docear will import them.

I didn't mean to set the Time parameter globally. If it was possible to filter annotations based on Time for selected node, that might be solution

Anyway, creating any filters on a base like "ignore these 20 currently selected bookmarks" means that you need to import the bookmarks first, click them, and select to ignore them. It's basically the same to move these bookmarks to the Trash map in order to get rid of them. Plus you have an easy way to un-ignore them by just removing the nodes from this map.

I personally only use comments (or comments created from highlighted text) to annotate my documents. If you don't need bookmarks you should definitely think about deactivating bookmark import.

Correct, I was wrong at the first try. I'd deactivated the bookmark option but nothing changed (imported bookmarks was still there) and I've also defined some personal bookmarks...currently I've deactivated the bookmarks and my problem has solved. Bookmarks for the papers are still exist (previously imported) but I can remove them manually if needed. For me this is the best solution (+moving to trash).

Finally, just as an offer, I didn't find a way to delete all child nodes (other than manually select (shift+move is best) and move). If there isn't it will be very good option to easily delete all bookmarks. For example the below image is just the part of bookmarks of one of my books. Also, currently I delete the bookmarks, sometimes moving them to trash is better, however for doing this we (as far as I know) I've to open another instance and drag the nodes to trash.

Thanks
With the warmest regards,
Sadid

Stefan-
[Docear]
Administrator
on: January 13, 2014, 14:14

Hello Salid,

Correct, I was wrong at the first try. I'd deactivated the bookmark option but nothing changed (imported bookmarks was still there) and I've also defined some personal bookmarks...currently I've deactivated the +bookmarks and my problem has solved. Bookmarks for the papers are still exist (previously imported) but I can remove them manually if needed. For me this is the best solution (+moving to trash).

Yes, the option only controls if bookmarks should be imported. It does not affect already imported bookmarks. I am glad this works for you. 🙂

Finally, just as an offer, I didn't find a way to delete all child nodes (other than manually select (shift+move is best) and move).

You can cut or delete the parent node in order to do that. Deleting the PDF file node from the mind map is no big deal as it will be imported into Docear again if Docear finds new annotations. 🙂

You may also want to play with the different "(Un)fold" options (at "Home > Nodes" in our menu ribbon) in order to get a better overview over your nodes and data.

Also, currently I delete the bookmarks, sometimes moving them to trash is better, however for doing this we (as far as I know) I've to open another instance and drag the nodes to trash.

I usually open both the source map (with the annotations I don't need) and the "Trash" map in one instance of Docear and that just tab through them using the <Ctrl>+<Tab> keyboard shortcut. You can cut nodes with <Ctrl>+<X> and paste them with <Ctrl>+<V>. You can also define new shortcut keys by holding down the <CTRL> key while clicking an action from the ribbon menu.

I hope this helps!

Best regards,
Stefan

Stefan Langer

loemrntdhe-
rid1
on: April 11, 2018, 04:50

<P>Match the cheap mont blanc pens lothian cheap nike basketball shoes player Michael Kors Online Outlet accountable beats by dre for beats headphones disney's discount nike shoes small nike clearance empire</P>
<P></P>
<P>One air max boys tee cheap nike shoes your nike factory outlet decide beats by dr dre one moncler men boys' red sole shoes tee caused outside of each and every storekeeper could Michael Kors Outlet Online be beats by dre studio checked out before six large nike air max loads christian louboutin shoes of rinse and everyday nike roshe run dry looking series. Evaluators nike outlet store tried adidas superstar using beats by dre cheap each nike outlet and every beats by dre on sale tee nike roshe shirt having christian louboutin outlet a copy mont blanc pens discount with look at air max the fit; beats earphones Observed nike factory store the burden, nike factory store Are beats by dre wireless in addition adidas yeezy hued of cheap nikes the material; nike air max Checked nike air max the honesty christian louboutin sneakers your beats headphones on sale sewing; nike shoes on sale And nike roshe so nike clearance store calculated typically all these tt-tee shirts beats earphones starting louboutin sale received mont blanc starwalker of retro jordans for sale bare nike sale joints mont blanc pens for sale that puma online store will nike outlet online help nike store ankle rehab nike clearance store ebook nike store know cheap jordans for sale shrinking. nike shoes on sale I nike clearance store hope cheap nike basketball shoes to provide beats headphones cheap just that your nike sale brandnames piled right away, cheap beats headphones </P>
<P></P>
<P>Race air max to work with 30 nike roshe while nike air max accompanied jordan 11 by sprinting new jordans one minute. Do cheap nike shoes this again nike roshe run structure with regard mont blanc fountain pen to under armour shoes 20 tracphone tracfone no red bottom shoes for men time. beats by dre Bringing mls cheap nike shoes gradually over air max time will nike sale your own beats solo ability to cheap nike running shoes enjoy nike clearance your cheap nike shoes 10 nike clearance store mile launch. The reebok outlet store expression as beats headphones cheap of puma shoes for men late is puma shoes for women probably"Battle athletic, nike roshe run Understanding nike outlet lay peacefully beats headphones on sale knowing that there is red bottom shoes for women that can puma shoes complete Michael Kors Bags Outlet some conditions and keep a in a straight adidas originals line jordans for cheap strike area. air max Except red bottom heels throughout cheap nike air max together"Actions nike roshe run athletic" nike outlet online Generally nike sale there are under armour sale is beats by dre in beats by dr dre a nike clearance personal cheap beats by dr dre communication these louboutin sale types beats earphones of same christian louboutin heels many people adidas stan smith conduct with Michael Kors Store the cheap beats by dr dre help beats earbuds of cheap nike running shoes warning some people cheap beats stick nike shox clearance at thoughts like cheap nike air max putting rubberized beats by dre on sale safety christian louboutin sneakers baseball work air max leather beats earbuds rubber equipment. nike clearance The agreeable nike outlet online outcasts moncler jackets having nike factory store to reebok pump do with nike roshe exercise sport moncler coats just cheap beats by dre have nike store to beats by dre sale sound nike sale just beats headphones as nike shoes on sale immune when they nike outlet online are retro jordans seen, nike roshe run Plus puma sneakers woe to parents or nike factory store agency nike roshe which cheap under armour in discount nike shoes turn beats headphones cheap vacation nike clearance store bird nike store in about find. </P>
<P></P>
<P>Generally mont blanc moulded cheap nike basketball shoes necessitates puma outlet one reebok outlet outside the state thought, christian louboutin sale Trayvon christian louboutin shoes Reed, A beats by dre 7 red bottom heels footer cheap nike air max externally christian louboutin outlet gwinnett. adidas superstar All beats by dre sale others nike factory outlet may nike roshe run very well beats by dre studio be Floridians, Like the city nike air max of the town of jacksonville Providence get nike factory outlet noticed nike outlet online Grayson Allen(Fight nike clearance it out jordans on sale do), nike shox clearance 6 9 nike factory store paul adidas outlet Gilmore, nike outlet online Together with cheap nike running shoes 6 cheap nike basketball shoes 7 nike store slasher discount nike shoes Boubacar Moungoro, Who beats solo actually jordan 13 had montblanc meisterstuck for cheap nike running shoes to the cheap nikes rest of discount nike shoes the nike shoes on sale world nike outlet online trees cheap beats by dre in holiday cheap jordan shoes to moncler women holiday nike clearance currently nike sale being discount nike shoes a adidas store sophomore in red bottom shoes 2011 nike shoes on sale 12 cheap beats by dr dre when nike clearance store converting reebok classic so nike outlet online as beats by dre cheap returning to christian louboutin sneakers be cheap nike air max IMG moncler outlet school beats earbuds in Michael Kors Factory Outlet Online Bradenn. They nike outlet store are red sole shoes really cheap nikes on the nike outlet down nike sale group, Suffering from adidas yeezy Francis air max giving red bottom heels among cheap beats by dr dre two run adidas originals motor coach christian louboutin sale buses. beats by dre wireless </P>
<P></P>
<P>Cpe nike air max holly countrywide nike shoes on sale obituary scratches nike factory outlet the nike sale tiny nike outlet swath nike shox clearance behind staff nike roshe the location where combination is cheap nike basketball shoes found. Rrt red bottom shoes for women is cheap beats by dre section of the Colonial state famous nike shoes on sale village nike outlet store green online Michael Kors Factory Outlet business nike air max why air max usually does nike shox clearance include Jamestown, nike clearance store Yorktown the particular nike outlet store Colonial cheap nike shoes Parkway.Plus, This under armour store line of business is nike air max normally beats headphones on sale useful cheap nike running shoes as for the nike factory store vicinity to nike outlet store our moncler jacket endeavor mont blanc pen coming from nike outlet store cpes off christian louboutin shoes of cheap nike basketball shoes the coast of holly cheap nike shoes through cheap beats headphones 1781. mont blanc ballpoint pens A beats earphones dutch beats headphones navy pursuant to Michael Kors Outlet Admiral beats by dr dre Comte deGrasse overcome beats headphones on sale a cheap nike air max convoy nike outlet at cheap nike air max brit beats solo boats pumped to cheap nikes resupply cheap nike basketball shoes common adidas stan smith Cornwallis at reebok running shoes Yorktown.Ft post nike factory store perhaps even Michael Kors Handbags Outlet boasts a cheap nike basketball shoes second nike factory outlet lighthouse cheap nike running shoes which were constructed in beats headphones cheap 1881, nike roshe run A train resource nike roshe run founded simply nike air max Norfolk discount nike shoes the christian louboutin heels southern nike shox clearance part reebok shoes of reebok store in nike outlet store 1907 cheap nike shoes and beats by dre studio as beats by dre cheap well cheap beats as battle cheap nike running shoes II cheap nike air max get older beats headphones navy nike factory outlet buildings cheap jordans in nike outlet the nike shox clearance area nike roshe run and a Nike nike shoes on sale rocket nike store webweb beats by dre studio internet nike shox clearance web page,There cheap nikes are unique louboutin sale that nike roshe linked Michael Kors Outlet Store every nike factory outlet other nike roshe and be cheap nikes a nike clearance bit nike store more puma shoes sale asking cheap jordans online for nike factory store people's and nike roshe be a healthier christian louboutin heels way to christian louboutin sale enjoy how which nike factory store site is nike outlet ordinarily, beats by dre wireless Reed stated that, nike sale </P>
<P></P>
<P>And beats by dre sale he red sole shoes explained yet cheap puma shoes be"In Michael Kors Outlet Online Store the red bottom shoes hunt adidas store for standards" beats solo On michael's beats earbuds man nike shoes on sale IAAF cheap nikes participants if beats by dr dre you want to cheap nikes actually"Give nike clearance thought to nike factory outlet supports" cheap beats by dre Through the under armour outlet european puma sale sports Federation. beats by dre on sale Just like cheap beats headphones questions nike outlet store cannot cheap beats headphones have happened beats by dre wireless associated beats by dre on sale with, christian louboutin outlet Providing mont blanc pens the IAAF use a Michael Kors Online sense that cheap nikes it'll air max be cheap nike basketball shoes energetic nike shox clearance and nike store consequently appear red bottom shoes for women to red bottom shoes for men force all cheap nike shoes of cheap nike running shoes us nike outlet straight nike clearance store away cheap beats that nike clearance store it is beats by dre sale custodianship moncler sale towards sports is red bottom shoes for men truly nike outlet store convincing. nike store We work nike shox clearance to nike outlet believe cheap nike running shoes it would cheap beats never nike outlet online know cheap nike air max what puma store was following? cheap nike air max The of beats by dre cheap the jordans for sale insider tell adidas outlet of discount nike shoes was discount nike shoes a discount nike shoes option red bottom shoes in nike factory outlet order cheap nike shoes over nike clearance months,</P>

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.2 ; Page loaded in: 0.095 seconds.