Forums

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Please note that we - the Docear team - will not answer support questions. If you need help, please read the manual, read the FAQ, or discuss here in the forum with other Docear users.

When reporting bugs, or asking questions, please be as specific as possible. Name your operating system (e.g. Windows 7, 64 Bit), your JAVA version (e.g. Java 6, 32 Bit), whether you are using the latest Docear version, and provide step-by-step instructions that allow to reproduce the bug or problem you are reporting. Feel free to upload screenshots.

Due to spammers and the new European GDPR initiative, we decided to deactivate user registrations. This means, only users with an existing account will be able to post in the forum. We are sorry for this but see no other way.
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Stop refreshing and freeze during opening pdf
Blesbie
Post Stop refreshing and freeze during opening pdf
on: January 26, 2017, 09:00

Dear Docear-Team,
I love your concept of your program, but at the moment this is the only reason why I still stick to Docear.

I have two problems, no idea if they are connected or not.
I'm using Windows 10 with the newest Java version (1.8 update 121). Docear is also the latest version, I reinstalled it yesterday.

I have created one project with two files. One file is my "mindmap-file" and the second one is the "literature-file". There I have my monitoring folder to upload all pdfs from my literature repository. The uploaded literature I put via drag&drop in the mindmap-file and usually that works great. But yesterday, when I added more literature and tried to refresh, the updating starts but stops at the third paper. I can delete this paper from the list, start updating again and it stops again at the (new) third paper. The program is not frozen, but does not continue uploading.
I reinstalled docear again and it was working once. But when I tried it a second time, it failed again. Also I created a new project with the same literature repository folder, but it did not work.

Also I have a problem in the mindmap-file. When I try to open a specific pdf (308pages, 2,62MB) via the program, the mindmap-file freezes. I have to close it with the task manager. This problem also came up yesterday, so I have the feeling the problems are connected, but I deleted the file from my computer, deleted both entries of this in my docear files, but the first problem is still there.

My only idea for the first problem is, if there is a maximum of pdf files to use with docear? I have 720 pdf files.
And for the second one, is there a maximum size of pdf files?
Do you have other ideas?
I hope, I described specific enough that you can help.
Thanks a lot in advance
Moni

Thank you for your feedback. Please note that we - the Docear team - currently do not have the time to answer support questions. However, we encourage all Docear users to help each other.

Tom
Post Re: Stop refreshing and freeze during opening pdf
on: June 12, 2017, 16:33

Hi Blesbie and Docear Team,

I have the same issue, but worse: when I press the refresh button to load the new pdfs into the incoming folders, the program does not freeze but the loading gets stuck at the very first PDF. When I try to open any PDF I have in my mind-map, the program completely freezes and I have to close it via the Task Manager.

Until now it had always worked perfectly fine: I created a huge mindmap for my research work. Now I cannot make use of it anymore though, since I cannot update it anymore or access the comments via the mindmap. Did anyone experience this? Blesbie, did you find a solution?

I invested a lot of time in this mindmap and it has been extremely useful to me until now, but it would be quite frustrating to have to start again with another literature managing software...

Thanks a lot!
Tom

Tom
Post SOLVED: Stop refreshing and freeze during opening pdf
on: July 12, 2017, 12:02

Solved!

I updated Java to the latest version and it now works fine again.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.2 ; Page loaded in: 0.066 seconds.