Forums

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Please note that we - the Docear team - will not answer support questions. If you need help, please read the manual, read the FAQ, or discuss here in the forum with other Docear users.

When reporting bugs, or asking questions, please be as specific as possible. Name your operating system (e.g. Windows 7, 64 Bit), your JAVA version (e.g. Java 6, 32 Bit), whether you are using the latest Docear version, and provide step-by-step instructions that allow to reproduce the bug or problem you are reporting. Feel free to upload screenshots.

Due to spammers and the new European GDPR initiative, we decided to deactivate user registrations. This means, only users with an existing account will be able to post in the forum. We are sorry for this but see no other way.
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Project import error
zeropadder
Post Project import error
on: October 12, 2014, 15:51

Hello,

I am trying to import a Docear project back into Docear.

I am running Mac OS X 10.9.5 and version 1.1.0.1 stable build 232 of Docear.

As shown in the enclosed screenshots, the project tab is free of any project before I attempt the importation. Therefore why does Docear refuses loading and generates the following message "Please choose a directory with a not already loaded project"?

I tried to reinstall Docear but it give the same error message...

Best Regards

Thank you for your feedback. Please note that we - the Docear team - currently do not have the time to answer support questions. However, we encourage all Docear users to help each other.

Joeran-
[Docear]
Administrator
Post Re: Project import error
on: October 14, 2014, 04:42

could you please have a look at the file <project_home>/_data/<project_id>/settings.xml

please open it with a text editor and tell me if there is anything in this xml file. you can also end me the content to if it contains private information.

or is the file empty?

btw. your screenshots don't show up.

zeropadder
on: October 15, 2014, 13:37

Hello Joeran,

Thanks for your reply...

No the file is not empty. I would rather not have its content published here so I will send it to you shortly by mail

Please note that I spent a lot of time trying to embed the images in either tiff and jpeg formats but couldn't make it... I am using the "image" button on top of input field. It generates two image-labeled ascii tokens. I tried to put the path to the image file in between but it fails to upload. I must be doing something wrong...

I will send the photos in my mail.

BR

zeropadder
on: October 15, 2014, 13:38

I forgot to tell you that I moved the folder of the project recently, i.e. before the problem occurred... Is there a procedure to move project folder on your hard drive with Docear. In other words could it be a broken "absolute path to folder" problem?

Joeran-
[Docear]
Administrator
on: October 31, 2014, 13:01

just for the other users: the problem was solved via email communication. this was my answer that solved the problem:

moving the folder of an entire project should not be be a problem for
Docear. Judging from the screenshots it might be that you just select
the wrong directory when importing your project. It seems you selected
the folder .../work/thesisdocear/_data/146AEEBF... However, this
folder is just the folder in which Docear stores some settings files.
When importing a project, you should select the "project home", that
is, I assume ../work/thesisdocear/. Can you please try again in Docear
to import a project and select ../work/thesisdocear/ as the folder to
import from?

Btw. some Docear versions have a bug, i.e. after successfully
importing a project, the project is not shown in Docear. If that's the
case, just restart Docear.

Nascho
on: October 15, 2015, 07:28

Hi there,
I had the same problem as zeropadder, but also found out, that it is nesseccarry to open the \'project home\' folder.
After a new update of docear, it somehow didn\'t open anymore and after I tried to change the bat file as described elsewhere and still could nopt open it, I reinstalled docear. Now I tried to import my project from a google drive file (this is the \'project home\' - when I open the project file, no hints are made that this is a wrong file; everything looks okay.) After loading the project and opening the literature-file(called My drafts then), docear tells me, the entire project is missing (the settings xml file is not empty.
Can I send you screenshots of my problem too?

best wishes
Stefanie

deb
on: November 13, 2015, 22:17

Hi,

I am not very technically minded, but following a crash on my laptop I felt confident that all would be well having opted to back up docear whilst online. I can see my projects and have tried opening and downloading. Part of the map appears. The documents and annotations are missing. I no longer have the hard drive, and so cannot copy in my pdf\'s. The warning message says that project data is missing and functionality is limited. In this state my project is not useable, I will have lost a lot of work and will have to start again. I have windows 7 os. Can anyone explain in the simplest way whether or not I can recover any more data for may project other than a skeletal mind map?

emanuel
on: March 26, 2016, 10:31

Hi Joeran,

I\'m suffering from this bug:

Btw. some Docear versions have a bug, i.e. after successfully
importing a project, the project is not shown in Docear. If that\'s the
case, just restart Docear.

Could you please give me a hint, where to find more Information?
Restarting Docear, does not work for me. Imported Projects do appear, but only partial. The only part correctly displayed is the Library folder.

(My System: ubuntu 15.10, Oracle Java 8, Docear 1.2)

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.2 ; Page loaded in: 0.102 seconds.