Forums

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Please note that we - the Docear team - will not answer support questions. If you need help, please read the manual, read the FAQ, or discuss here in the forum with other Docear users.

When reporting bugs, or asking questions, please be as specific as possible. Name your operating system (e.g. Windows 7, 64 Bit), your JAVA version (e.g. Java 6, 32 Bit), whether you are using the latest Docear version, and provide step-by-step instructions that allow to reproduce the bug or problem you are reporting. Feel free to upload screenshots.

Due to spammers and the new European GDPR initiative, we decided to deactivate user registrations. This means, only users with an existing account will be able to post in the forum. We are sorry for this but see no other way.
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Project file completely crashed no restoring possible please help!
cybergmann
Post Project file completely crashed no restoring possible please help!
on: August 30, 2016, 16:25

Hi there I am a docear user from the first minute... even though I had a long break between master thesis and PHd.

I improted my old docear files into the new version...which worked quite well.
I made a new incoming.mm with all my incoming papers.

I had another long break: After of 4 Month without using docear and tried do start docear. It said something similar to text (See attchement 1) which I get when I try to restore the incomin.mm file by copying it into my default folder and change the ending to .mm. After following the error options the file is empty and has like 4kB (instead of 700kB) and the .bib is at like 1kB and empty.

The same thing happend with the files wich I originally generated with one of the first docear versions when I first tried to open them. However, when I tried to restore the .mm by copying it form the .backup folder at least its content is there, but all my links to my .pdfs are gone 🙁 ....

I tried a lot of things deinstalling / installing, shifting folders and so on but I cannot recreat the links nor the incoming.mm . Now I have a lot of projects but non of thems is able to link my filed. I did not try to open it with a older version of docear since at least the .incoming was generated with that version and the other ones work (kind of).

I sent my backup folder in attachement 2.

I would like to mak a new project which connects all my files. And since I am super desperate and really dont know what else to do I offer 100€ for anyone who solves my problem...(I would send you my hole phd folder and or have a online conference.)

Thanks so much I am really thankfull for any hint which brings my closer to my files...

Regards Clemens

http://www.docear.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/iw9vi-backup.zip

Thank you for your feedback. Please note that we - the Docear team - currently do not have the time to answer support questions. However, we encourage all Docear users to help each other.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.2 ; Page loaded in: 0.045 seconds.