Forums

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Please note that we - the Docear team - will not answer support questions. If you need help, please read the manual, read the FAQ, or discuss here in the forum with other Docear users.

When reporting bugs, or asking questions, please be as specific as possible. Name your operating system (e.g. Windows 7, 64 Bit), your JAVA version (e.g. Java 6, 32 Bit), whether you are using the latest Docear version, and provide step-by-step instructions that allow to reproduce the bug or problem you are reporting. Feel free to upload screenshots.

Due to spammers and the new European GDPR initiative, we decided to deactivate user registrations. This means, only users with an existing account will be able to post in the forum. We are sorry for this but see no other way.
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: JabRef always loses Chinese references
Banana
Post JabRef always loses Chinese references
on: July 3, 2014, 02:27

When I close docear and restart it, some references in Chinese are missing.

If this problem can't be solved, how can I replace the terrible JabRef with my own tools?

Thank you for your feedback. Please note that we - the Docear team - currently do not have the time to answer support questions. However, we encourage all Docear users to help each other.

Joeran-
[Docear]
Administrator
Post Re: JabRef always loses Chinese references
on: July 3, 2014, 08:45

please send us an example bibtex file with some entries that are not shown in docear to . please let us also know how you created the bibtex file. with docear? or your own tools (and which one)?

in your email, please refer to this Forum Post (send the URL)

Alex
on: August 6, 2014, 12:03

Maybe my problem has the same reason as the one mentioned above:
I use docear 1.1.0.1 stable build232 under Ubuntu 14.04.
I create my bibtex-file in another Version of Jabref (2.10) with encoding ISO8859_1 and copy it to my docear-location. When I open docear, German Umlaute and some other special characters are "lost". In docear, my bibtex-file shows a little * behind its file name, meaning the file had been changed. Looking at the bibtex-file in an editor, now the special characters are missing here, too, but the begining of the file still shows the same encoding and JabRef-Version 2.10 as the one whith which the file was created. Looking at the file properties I can see that it was changed the moment I started docear.
In a running instance of docear I can replace the bibtex-file and docear will tell me that it had been changed externally. When I accept the changes, docear starts heavy working and after some time, I get an java out-of-memory error (I assume this is due to the amount of pdf I have loaded).
Would be great to get a solution to this !
Thanks in advance !

Joeran-
[Docear]
Administrator
on: August 7, 2014, 11:14

Hi Alex, could you also send your BibTeX file to and provide a step-by-step instruction what you are doing and what happens (feel free to write in German if you like).

Best,
Joeran

yhxiao321
on: February 28, 2015, 05:04

Hey Joeran,

This problem is fixed or not? I still have this problem when I use Docear. Thanks a lot.

Best,
Hongxiao

SamranTim
on: June 17, 2016, 09:22

This problem I found on close docear
My Reference Thai language is delete from data.bib

---------------------
@ARTICLE{฿ารยื฿฿ยั฿,
author = {฿ารยื฿฿ยั฿},
owner = {SamranTim},
timestamp = {2016.06.17}
}

----------------------

How to fix it, please recommend

Thank a lot
SamranTim

Xiaodong-
Qi
Beginner
on: September 29, 2016, 08:57

Same here on Chinese characters.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.2 ; Page loaded in: 0.244 seconds.