Forums

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Please note that we - the Docear team - will not answer support questions. If you need help, please read the manual, read the FAQ, or discuss here in the forum with other Docear users.

When reporting bugs, or asking questions, please be as specific as possible. Name your operating system (e.g. Windows 7, 64 Bit), your JAVA version (e.g. Java 6, 32 Bit), whether you are using the latest Docear version, and provide step-by-step instructions that allow to reproduce the bug or problem you are reporting. Feel free to upload screenshots.

Due to spammers and the new European GDPR initiative, we decided to deactivate user registrations. This means, only users with an existing account will be able to post in the forum. We are sorry for this but see no other way.
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Dont import all highlighted text, but comments
vallee
Post Dont import all highlighted text, but comments
on: August 23, 2016, 11:05

Hello there,
I'm trying to accomplish something but it seems that this behaviour just is not possible.

I am using the recommended PDF XChange Viewer.
I disabled the function that copies highlighted text into annotations because I don't want to import all highlighted text. When I deliberately double-click a piece of highlighted text though and thus create an annotation for that text, I want that to be imported.
In Docear's preferences I disabled the "import highlighted text" option, but enabled the "import comments" option. In my understanding, since I created annotations by double-clicking the highlighted text in PDF XChange, it should now import those, but it doesn't. For those annotations to be imported, apparently I need to enable the "import highlighted text" option, but then on next startup Docear will change my PDF Viewer's options to copying all highlighted text into annotations, which I'm desperately trying to avoid.
Is this a bug or a feature?
What could I do to achieve what I want?
Thanks,
vallee

Thank you for your feedback. Please note that we - the Docear team - currently do not have the time to answer support questions. However, we encourage all Docear users to help each other.

ElenaRebag-
liati
Post Re: Dont import all highlighted text, but comments
on: March 30, 2017, 12:46

Hi Vallee,

I\'m sorry I can\'t answer you question but since I have a similar problem and the support team does not answer, maybe you can help.
My problem is that Docear does not visualize the annotation that I make in the PDFs (using PDF X-Change Viewer). I read the manual, the FAQ, searched in the forum; both the setting of Docear and PDF X-Change Viewer should be fine; The first time I imported all my PDFs in Docear, some PDFs display already some default annotations, like the chapters of the pdf (Introduction, methodology,etc) and some sub-chapters. But when I started to take my own annotations (e.g. reading the pdf, highlights interesting parts, automatically PDF X-Change Viewer create a pop-up with the highlighted text) nothing happen in Docear; I tried to save the pdf, close it, click the \'re-read monitoring folder\' button; nothing.
Why Docear does not syncronize the annotations taken in the PDFs automatically?

In the question you posted, you wrote \"but then on next startup Docear will change my PDF Viewer\'s options to copying all highlighted text into annotations\"

You mean into annotation in Docear? Is what I\'m missing!

Where is this option? It\'s in PDF X-Change Viewer preferences, in the sub-section Commenting? I don\'t have it. I have \'copy selected text into drawing comment pop-ups\' and\'copy selected text into highlight,cross-out,and underline comment pop-ups\'

Please, if you have any idea regarding this problem, help me. I started to manually copy/paste each annotation that I take on PDFs to go around the problem but it\'s a frustrating task that require lots of extra time and my time to write the Master thesis, a big project, is little.
Thanks for having the patience to read my message, thanks for any possible suggestion.
Peace and Love.

Elena

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.2 ; Page loaded in: 0.057 seconds.