Forums

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Please note that we - the Docear team - will not answer support questions. If you need help, please read the manual, read the FAQ, or discuss here in the forum with other Docear users.

When reporting bugs, or asking questions, please be as specific as possible. Name your operating system (e.g. Windows 7, 64 Bit), your JAVA version (e.g. Java 6, 32 Bit), whether you are using the latest Docear version, and provide step-by-step instructions that allow to reproduce the bug or problem you are reporting. Feel free to upload screenshots.

Due to spammers and the new European GDPR initiative, we decided to deactivate user registrations. This means, only users with an existing account will be able to post in the forum. We are sorry for this but see no other way.
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Docear4Word: No checkboxes when inserting references
Peter-
Schmidt
Post Docear4Word: No checkboxes when inserting references
on: June 27, 2014, 17:57

Hi,

I'm using Word 2010 on Windows 7, 64 Bit and Docear 1.1.0.1 stable build 232.

When I try to insert references into a word file by clicking "Add reference" the new window with the bibliography entries is missing the checkboxes in the first column.

I can select one single reference to insert by double clicking. But I cannot insert two or more, something I theoretically could by selecting two or more checkboxes, if they would appear.

I think this a bug, since the user manual shows that same window with a checkbox at the beginning of each bibliography entry.

Thanks,

Peter

Thank you for your feedback. Please note that we - the Docear team - currently do not have the time to answer support questions. However, we encourage all Docear users to help each other.

Joeran-
[Docear]
Administrator
Post Re: Docear4Word: No checkboxes when inserting references
on: July 1, 2014, 09:40

Hello,

this bug is really strange and I have no idea how this could happen. I will forward your bug report to the lead developer of Docear4Word and hope that he has some time to look at it.

Meanwhile,

1. are you using the latest Docear4Word version?

2. Can you insert multiple references by pressing SPACE? (select a reference, press SPACE, select another reference, press SPACE, ...)

3. Please create a new project in Docear including Demo files. Now, when you use Docear4Word, do the check boxes appear? In this case, something must be wrong about your original BibTeX file

Peter-
Schmidt
on: July 2, 2014, 20:25

Hi Joeran,

ad 1. I'm using Docear4Word v1.30, which I installed just weeks ago. It seems that's the current version.

ad 2. Yes, I can insert multiple references selecting them with the space bar. So that is a viable workaround, thanks.

ad 3. I created a new project with the demo files. I did not make any changes to the project. When I tried to insert references from this new project using Docear4Word, the check boxes still do NOT appear.

Best,

Peter

Joeran-
[Docear]
Administrator
on: July 3, 2014, 08:46

Hi Peter,

as said, I am forwarding your report to the developer, though I am not sure he will be able to fix it.

Best,
Joeran

alicia
on: August 6, 2014, 16:58

[color=#]Same problem[/color]

Hello:

I installed Docear in my personal computer. It works perfectly.
However,I got a new computer at work. I have the same problem that Peter in this laptop.

The differences/similarities between this computer and my personal computer:
Both W7
Both Office 2010
Both64 Bit
Both i5
Using same Docear version and same Docear4Word.

This laptop (the one not working) is brand new, but corporative computer. I am not sure whether this matters..
Originally, this computed had W8, but the IT changed it to W7 because it is the current OS people are using at the Uni.

I can compare more details between my computers (such as the Office Updates) if this may help. Not very sure this matters//

Thanks

Joeran-
[Docear]
Administrator
on: August 7, 2014, 11:12

Hi alla,

the problem about this problem is that we cannot reproduce it. On our computers (and apparently on the computers of 99% of the users), Docear4Word runs fine. This means, we just don't have a clue how to fix this problem.

Maybe you could try the following:

- Ensure that you run Windows and Word with administrative rights
- Install the test version of Office 2013 / Office 365

If you are lucky, this helps. Otherwise, I have no idea how to fix the problem, sorry.

Joeran

alicia
on: August 7, 2014, 11:23

Yes, ok. No problem.

I have administrative rights, yes. But I cannot change the Office version.

Anyway, I will keep using Docear4word 🙂 I will use the space bar and that's it.

Thank you very much

Joeran-
[Docear]
Administrator
on: August 11, 2014, 14:31

Anyway, I will keep using Docear4word 🙂

ok, i am glad to hear that. if anybody should be able to reproduce the problem, i.e. to find our what exactly causes the problem, please let us know!

jhogema
on: March 5, 2017, 11:51

Since switching to a new laptop (W10), I now experience the same problem.
MS-Word 2016
Docear4Word 1.30
Admin rights

I can select ALL references in my .bib file, but not select/deselect individual ones.
No checkboxes are visible on the individual rows. Only 2 out of 4 sides on the top line's checkbox are visible.
Any thoughts...?

Joeran-
[Docear]
Administrator
on: March 8, 2017, 07:11

We still don\'t know why this happens. However, there is a workaround: Select the reference you want to insert, and press the SPACE key on your keyboard. This will select the reference.

bryanh
on: July 12, 2017, 17:06

I have this problem as well, running Docear4Word 1.3.0.0 on Word 2016 under Windows 10. The spacebar trick works, but a mystery why it happens.

Bryan

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.2 ; Page loaded in: 0.114 seconds.