Forums

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Please note that we - the Docear team - will not answer support questions. If you need help, please read the manual, read the FAQ, or discuss here in the forum with other Docear users.

When reporting bugs, or asking questions, please be as specific as possible. Name your operating system (e.g. Windows 7, 64 Bit), your JAVA version (e.g. Java 6, 32 Bit), whether you are using the latest Docear version, and provide step-by-step instructions that allow to reproduce the bug or problem you are reporting. Feel free to upload screenshots.

Due to spammers and the new European GDPR initiative, we decided to deactivate user registrations. This means, only users with an existing account will be able to post in the forum. We are sorry for this but see no other way.
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Docear not detecting projects?
kemptonrog-
ers
Post Docear not detecting projects?
on: February 22, 2016, 17:31

Windows 8, Java 8, 32 bit

Hello, I'm not sure exactly what is going on. I noticed today as I was working in Word that Docear4Word wasn't working. When I click to edit a previously inserted reference it returns the prompt:
" The reference could not be found in the current database..."

When I opened docear to take a look, it prompted me with the choice of starting a new project or importing a new one (normally it opens to my thesis project). When I tried opening the thesis project, I could never actually do it, the 'finish' button never became clickable.

When I chose to work as a local user, I was able to open existing mindmaps. However, the references aren't available, and I have a prompt in the corner stating:

"The project this map is associated with is not loaded or entirely missing..... Please import the project"

When I try to import the project, I receive the prompt:
"Please choose a directory with a not already loaded project"
and can't complete the action.

When I try to create a new project, either from scratch, or with existing literature, I cannot complete the action.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
Kyle

Thank you for your feedback. Please note that we - the Docear team - currently do not have the time to answer support questions. However, we encourage all Docear users to help each other.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.2 ; Page loaded in: 0.047 seconds.