Forums

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Please note that we - the Docear team - will not answer support questions. If you need help, please read the manual, read the FAQ, or discuss here in the forum with other Docear users.

When reporting bugs, or asking questions, please be as specific as possible. Name your operating system (e.g. Windows 7, 64 Bit), your JAVA version (e.g. Java 6, 32 Bit), whether you are using the latest Docear version, and provide step-by-step instructions that allow to reproduce the bug or problem you are reporting. Feel free to upload screenshots.

Due to spammers and the new European GDPR initiative, we decided to deactivate user registrations. This means, only users with an existing account will be able to post in the forum. We are sorry for this but see no other way.
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Docear Freezes on Startup, indefinietly, after changing a custom keystroke
ryandocear
Post Docear Freezes on Startup, indefinietly, after changing a custom keystroke
on: September 26, 2016, 20:07

HEllo,

This is all concerning Docear on a Mac, 10.8.

I noticed some strange behavior going on when I was new to Docear, namely that sometimes when I would open the program for the first time the logo would appear in the center of the screen and then nothing happens. It just appears as if it's frozen in perpetual loading. I let it go for hours earlier on.

A new installation of Docear would solve the problem. So I would keep working and for awhile things would be ok. Then it would happen again.

What I found is when changing a hotkey or making a new one (hold cntrl + click button) the accelerator.properties file [userroot > .docear (hidden) > ribbons > accelerator.properties] develop blanks on certain lines, leaving some actions without assigned keys;

Here's a copy/paste of my accelerator.properties file:

#
#Mon Sep 26 14:49:02 EDT 2016
ribbon.acceleratorFor.MindMap/ToggleLeftToolbarAction=meta shift I
ribbon.acceleratorFor.MindMap/FollowLinkAction=
ribbon.acceleratorFor.MindMap/NewChildAction=meta ENTER
ribbon.acceleratorFor.MindMap/AutomaticLayoutControllerAction.HEADINGS=control meta A
ribbon.acceleratorFor.MindMap/SetLinkByTextFieldAction=meta shift L
ribbon.acceleratorFor.MindMap/UnfoldOneLevelAction=meta OPEN_BRACKET
ribbon.acceleratorFor.MindMap/SelectAllAction=
ribbon.acceleratorFor.MindMap/EditNoteInDialogAction=meta D
ribbon.acceleratorFor.MindMap/EditDetailsAction=meta shift D
ribbon.acceleratorFor.MindMap/QuickFindAllAction=meta shift G
ribbon.acceleratorFor.MindMap/FoldOneLevelAction=meta CLOSE_BRACKET

As you can see, FollowLinkAction and SelectAllAction are both unassigned. And now, Docear will work fine while it's open, but after shutting the program done and reopening, it will get stuck with just the opening logo (see attached image).

If I force quit, and then go into the accelerator.properties file above and delete those lines of code, close and save, it solves the problem.

#
#Mon Sep 26 14:49:02 EDT 2016
ribbon.acceleratorFor.MindMap/ToggleLeftToolbarAction=meta shift I
ribbon.acceleratorFor.MindMap/NewChildAction=meta ENTER
ribbon.acceleratorFor.MindMap/AutomaticLayoutControllerAction.HEADINGS=control meta A
ribbon.acceleratorFor.MindMap/SetLinkByTextFieldAction=meta shift L
ribbon.acceleratorFor.MindMap/UnfoldOneLevelAction=meta OPEN_BRACKET
ribbon.acceleratorFor.MindMap/EditNoteInDialogAction=meta D
ribbon.acceleratorFor.MindMap/EditDetailsAction=meta shift D
ribbon.acceleratorFor.MindMap/QuickFindAllAction=meta shift G
ribbon.acceleratorFor.MindMap/FoldOneLevelAction=meta CLOSE_BRACKET

It's kind of annoying because sometimes my hotkeys become erased and I have to reassign them all.

Thanks,
Ryan

Thank you for your feedback. Please note that we - the Docear team - currently do not have the time to answer support questions. However, we encourage all Docear users to help each other.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.2 ; Page loaded in: 0.05 seconds.