Several users reported problems with starting Docear under Mac OS El Capitan (10.11). One user found the following solution. Please let us know, if you found another way, or have some suggestions for changing the following tutorial.
- Download the latest Docear version.
- Follow the instructions on https://oliverdowling.com.au/2014/03/28/java-se-8-on-mac-os-x/
- Try to start Docear again. If it still does not run, try the following
- Visit http://sourceforge.net/projects/freeplane/files/ and download freeplane-1.5.2-alpha_pre01 or any later version
- Replace framework.jar and freeplanelauncher.jar in your Docear directory with the files from your downloaded Freeplane version
Posted in: MacOS